With the state of the world, it’s common for people to feel more out of place. Existential crises seeks answers to unanswered questions. It seeks to find the truth. Though sometimes it leads to depression and a pale outlook on life. When done the right way, it can result in an happier human. Ok, you may then ask
How to do existential crises the right way?
- Asking the questions that can be answered : Choosing to ask the right questions that can be answered here on earth is a great step. Beware of glamorized questions with no possible answers. Ask questions like : Can life have a purpose? Rather than, Why did God choose me to be born in this position.
- Avoiding generalizations: Try not to generalize the world just because of your current circumstances. Don’t make declarations to suit your current situation.
- Look at the positives: Life may seem full of evil, but at the same time there is still good. Don’t try to dwell on evil in your existential pondering. Find the positive things going on, no matter how little they may be.
- Refrain from carrying out unhelpful research : This is similar to looking for the positives. Don’t carry out fear based research to prove doom.
- Be open minded and humble: Keep yourself mind open and have humility in acceptance. Even if things seem tough, remember just like everyone else you have a purpose, for good.
Picture poetry…my mind’s quotes
Made the wrong choice and several more after
Trapped in a bird’s cage
With wings unable to fly
Just left to fluttering agony
Drapped up in a dark cloak
Cover your face
The true emotions that tell
Put on a mask to please the crowd
Smile, wave, shout, smile
As you wait you die
Even after death had ate you up already
If wishes were birds
Then I would have flown
Soaring so high in the sky
Above the predators that gaze at me
But I remain on the ground
Travelling like an anxious passenger
On a slow moving bus along a weary road
Scared of the highway gentleman
But maybe some good has come of this
It is me writing this poem
As I wait in the pathway to life
Hopeful for a solemn fate
Peaceful is the truth I face
Silence is my answer’s way
We were made to feel this way
If our nature be our fault
For when we always go wrong
Minute object without jurisdiction
If things truly change
Could it come quicker
Will the tides ever shift?
Our names faded
The images paint blood in my soul
My insignificance remains
Maybe a bit dramatized
But the concept is true
Unrestrained may be my thoughts
To flow from whatever source
When the mind decided to shut up no more
With a unique style
Un proud yet unashamed
Small remains only in the mind that lies to itself
Asante sana,my beloved
I miss when i was blind
The time everything just slided by
I could not notice the pain and suffering
Moments of shame
Occurring all around me
I was just happy,lost in my own world
Of cake and fantasy
Back then everything was ok
Even the subtle jabs of insult
Then it was all good
There was no need for fear
Because I could not see
The monstrosity before me
Glaring me in the eye
We as humans are always on a never ending adventure to figure out what our purpose in life is,to know the truth of our existence.We ponder and question various sources and the most philosophical of us wait for a signal,an acurate meaning that will resonate with us.Finding out that such does not truely exist,some might become broken individuals,after chasing a question with no exact answer.Finding nothing to be worthwhile since nothing answers those deepest questions buried in the minds.
But why did we go on this journey in the first place.Towards what end?What epiphany did we expect to get.Usually what is seen as the end result is not as euphoric as imagined.The very “why” of our being and existence was lost in a maze of unanswerable questions.We had forgotten to look within ourselves for the inner vault of wisdom we seek.The wisdoms that no book can teach,though grows with the usefulness of information we acquire.The feeling of completeness and satisfaction no search can give is inside of us.We had thought that “the search” is what would complete all we are or everything we wanted to be,neglecting the growth of our inner self-the true essence of our being.
Sometimes we search too much.We build castles in the sky and let unicorns roam the milky way.We digest the knowledge of a thousand sages and forget our own truth.Quoting the words of a thousand philosophers yet with no philosophy of our own.Living our life according to the laws of a man,who existed in a different state of mind,in a different time and a different purpose.Our dreams,another person’s.We begin to live other people’s lives,or try to carve our destiny without knowing exactly what we want deep down.
Once you stop looking for what you want,you will find what you need-anon.
Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything.Maybe it’s about unbecoming everything that isn’t really you,so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.