“Your big opportunity may be where you are now”
If you don’t know already, water has extremely important benefits in our lives and for our health. Beautiful skin and good hair has been linked to constant water intake. But many of us will find it hard to follow the 8 glasses a day guideline. If the problem is not forgetfulness, it will be fear of constant peeing.
I noticed that this were the things which caused me to be not so faithful when I began my water drinking adventure. Now let me show you the steps I used to fix this. They are simple and I’m sure anyone who uses them will overcome like me.
How to drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Add it to your plan of the day: Make sure you remember that drinking water constantly is a plan for the day. Before you eat, after you eat and while eating remember to drink water daily
- Whenever you are idle, drink water: It’s as simple as that. If you notice yourself sitting doing nothing before you go on with another daily task, drink water first. When you are reading a book and you take a pause, drink water. I’m sure you get the gist.
- Drink the most water indoors: This will help remove the fear of getting pressed to urinate. When I tried drinking the most of water indoors I could easily pee whenever.
- Have a water drinking to-do list: This can seem a bit extreme but it helps a lot. There was a period i Incorporated a water check list to my to-do list book. I fulfilled all the water goals I set for myself and checked the boxes when i was done.
- Carry around a bottle of water: When you go about your day, take along a bottle of water. This will keep you hydrated while out and about everyday. You can always drink, refil/replace the bottle and pass the water requirements.
- Assign a specific cup for your daily water drinking purposes:This really helped me a lot! I was able to boost my water intake with this method. Select a cup to be used for drinking water. Put this cup in a place where you will always see it and preferably next to a water source. This cup can be moved around or just left back at the spot. When you are indoors, this cup will help a lot.
So, those are the tips to drink a lot of water a day. It worked for me and I’m sure they will for you.
Live life fully everyday. When you wake up in the morning, feel alive. Start your day with possibilities, this is very important. It does not matter what you think is, what matters is all that can be. There is no way that you will be miserable when you start your day feeling alive. But many of us wake up feeling the burden of the previous day. The mistakes and sadness of yesterday should remain in the past.
A fresh chance to change our lives comes with a new frame of mind. Being enthusiast about life opens us to the possibility of a fulfilling present and future. Do not start any day thinking it will be a bad day, but enjoy the opportunity of another day of creation and manifestation. Everyday should spark up new ideas in you, not another day to mope or drown in the past. Infact, every minute of the day (except when it is time for rest) should be used creatively, not for brooding or idleness. We all have passions and everytime we work towards them, we remember to be great. This will make our lives worthwhile both in the long run and in ‘the short run’.
I know that so many of us hate delays, I hated them too. But they always come and there is no way to escape from them. It might be a delayed flight, traffic jam, limiting illness, postponement, etc. If delays are properly handled they can become an advantage. I was taught this last week when my phone suddenly stopped charging and finally shutdown. If you understand how important my phone is in my daily life, you’ll scream. After taking the phone for a repair almost immediately and only to find it that it stopped working when I got home, taught me a lesson on patience.
I had no free chance to go back to fix my phone (at a more competent source) for a week. Those seven days, I learnt how to manage and handle delays. Finding my days quite limited without my phone except for the work which I had, I began to read physical books. I should mention here that it had been a long while since I read books that were not ebooks. I read and finished about 5 books during the period of 5 days!
This is something I would have never done if my phone were still on. The ebooks I read, it would take me days to finish just one. I gained a lot from my reading! And contrary to my expectation, that delay did not cause my week to be boring. I had a good time reading and I was relieved to be free from the stress of my phone addicted life (which many of us from the 21st century have). I was free from social media, the pressure to monitor my social media growth, apps, emails, useless messages, etc. My delay turned into an opportunity! I got the freedom from the anxiety that had engulfed me.
Now that the delay is over and my phone is working fine, I will always be glad for that delay. Because I used it well. The problem is that most people do not use their delays. If patience is lacking, it will be impossible to decide to use your delay for your advantage. You would be too busy complaining about how unfair the situation is to see the advantage. There is an advantage in everything life brings to us. Allow for delays and you will use them creatively, if not it will bring about frustration and anger which are destructive in nature.