With the state of the world, it’s common for people to feel more out of place. Existential crises seeks answers to unanswered questions. It seeks to find the truth. Though sometimes it leads to depression and a pale outlook on life. When done the right way, it can result in an happier human. Ok, you may then ask
How to do existential crises the right way?
- Asking the questions that can be answered : Choosing to ask the right questions that can be answered here on earth is a great step. Beware of glamorized questions with no possible answers. Ask questions like : Can life have a purpose? Rather than, Why did God choose me to be born in this position.
- Avoiding generalizations: Try not to generalize the world just because of your current circumstances. Don’t make declarations to suit your current situation.
- Look at the positives: Life may seem full of evil, but at the same time there is still good. Don’t try to dwell on evil in your existential pondering. Find the positive things going on, no matter how little they may be.
- Refrain from carrying out unhelpful research : This is similar to looking for the positives. Don’t carry out fear based research to prove doom.
- Be open minded and humble: Keep yourself mind open and have humility in acceptance. Even if things seem tough, remember just like everyone else you have a purpose, for good.