There are so many ways to get your writing out into the world as a writer. It is not only limited to having a blogging platform on WordPress or blogger. You might have a blog site on one of these sites and still prefer other additional sites to join to share your writing. Here are the 5 platforms that you can use to publicize your writing:
- Medium: This is like a community based blogging in which you have your own writing space. You can follow people and be followed. Your content is liked by those that appreciate your post. This is another way to shout yourself out loud, even if you have a blog site already.
- Quora: This question and answer site allows you to get recognition for your writing. If you’re consistent, you will get loyal followers. The wisdoms in the answers shared are an added bonus. Not only can you answer other people’s questions, you can ask as well. Also, you can have a ‘Quora blog’s which is a space where you can write about topics which interest you. Communication with your followers is also easy. There are even options for them to specifically ask you questions any time you decide.
- Mirakee: This is mainly for the poetry/creative writers. You write and share your posts to the world, all mirakee member and your followers. The platform also has an added benefit of beautiful back ground images, colours and fonts. To make things better, you are indexed on google!
- Wattpad: Though I have some prejudice against this platform, (me constantly seeing werewolf romance stories) this is great as a story writer. You can write your stories and gain following, which can influence other of your social media presence. For writing as much as a book, there are some benefits financially. But I have heard that it depends on your success level.
- Tumblr: Micro blogging is the word for this one. Imagine Twitter, just with options for writing more. Tumblr is a mixture of writing and picture aesthetics. It leans more to an heavier use of pictures for visual appeal. If that is your style, tumblr would be a good platform for you to join.