Although death is a scary topic, we all know that it does come someday. And living brilliantly before our time runs out should be everyone’s goal. With that said, here are the 5 things you should do before you die.
- Travel: Don’t just live your life stuck in the same state, the same town, in the same country. Move (That’s why you have legs) and see the wonderful world! It’s one thing to travel and prefer the comfort of home and it’s another to never know anywhere but home. That’s why many of our ancestors were nomads. Human beings are naturally curious creatures, so do not go against your nature by staying put forever.
- Eat a lot of yummy food: Life is too short to forever count calories and stay on diets. Make sure you have fun eating yum foods. Also, food from diverse cultures is a plus. Do not restrict yourself if you are not allergic to it. Give me that damn gluten now!
- Be kind: Don’t spend life focused only on yourself. Be kind to others and make sure you do good deeds. Not only will you be happier, your existence will have more meaning. Our life is meant to help someone else out there. Let’s live with that consciousness to always do kind things.
- Play in nature: What’s more fun than having fun in nature? Enjoy the bare mud touching your feet. Eat fruits directly from the trees. Meditate in nature and feel like you’re some kind of guru. Yeah, just enjoy nature like people did in the past. Do not live your existence looked up in an office and wearing work shoes. Life is not about that.
- Do some art (or science): Where I am going with this is similar to discover your talent. It’s also closer to creating something with your own hands. It may be something practical like craft or fantastical like a poetry collection. Just do it, even if you don’t want to sell it to anyone. It can be your personal keep sake. Or it can become a family heirloom after you are gone. If you want to give it off as a gift, that’s good too. Why do this? Because it involves practically transforming your human talent into the physical. And what’s more humany than something created from an idea?